Author Topic: Where do you get a visa to visit Thailand?  (Read 1562 times)

USA Expat

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Where do you get a visa to visit Thailand?
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:18:08 AM »
Where can I get a visa to visit Thailand?

With the exception of the "Visa on Arrival", which is issued at the border crossing (airport), all visas must be obtained from a Thai Embassy or Consulate located in a country other than Thailand.  The Thai Embassy or Consulate does not need to be in your home country, with some exceptions.  See your local Thai office to determine if exceptions apply to your country.

Many people enter Thailand with a "Visa on Arrival" stamp and decide to stay longer than the allowed 30 days.  It is a big business in Thailand taking foreigners to Laos or Cambodia to get a Tourist visa.

Only extensions can be obtained from an immigration office inside of Thailand.

If you want to visit Thailand longer than 30 days, you should visit the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country PRIOR to leaving and get either a Tourist visa or a Non-Immigrant "O" visa - depending on your purpose for coming to Thailand.