Author Topic: Requrements for a Thailand Non-immigrant Visa  (Read 1663 times)

USA Expat

  • Administrator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Requrements for a Thailand Non-immigrant Visa
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »
Thailand Non-immigrant visa

The non-immigrant visa is used for many purposes such as doing business in Thailand, study or education, research, making a movie, marriage, retirement, missionary work, skilled or expert worker, etc.

The requirements vary depending on the purpose for the non-immigrant visa you want.  The most common purposes for most expats is for retirement or marriage.

This website discusses all the different purposes in more detail and lists the requirements:

The non-immigrant visa is obtained at a Thai Embassy or Consulate located outside of Thailand.  The initial non-immigrant visa is good for 90 days.  Depending on your purpose for a non-immigrant visa, you can apply for a 12 month extension.

There are different names used for these visas.  For instance, many people refer to a Retirement visa, however, the correct terminology is "Non-immigrant "O" visa with a retirement extension".

This forum will discuss the retirement and marriage extensions in more detail in other topics.  Visit this board to see the various postings related to a non-immigrant visa: Non-immigrant visa Discussions
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:34:25 AM by USA Expat »